Disclaimer: Views are of the blogger's own and does not (necessarily) reflect actual common-sense.

Thursday 19 July 2018

冬の鎮魂曲 OST~A Requiem From Winter Past

Recently, a certain Ben Davis got himself (and his entire nation) into the global limelight. In this article, Singapore is forced to look at itself into the mirror. Then we have the next Ah Boys to Men movie being done. Now let me just say that while I did troll my entire nation (?), I decide to be serious here.

Ben Davis' situation is the reason why I know reality is a cruel man's game. In life, everybody wants to be Clark Kent or Diana Prince. Sadly, the reality is always like Remy LeBeau living in New Orleans. Abandoned, forced to fend for oneself, and forced to deal with people. People may still see Ben Davis as local football's equivalent of Superman. As for me, I know I'm nothing more than Gambit trying to survive the harshness of reality.

Words on Jack Neo's behalf
No one paid me to be the Keanu Reeves to whoever that Al Pacino is. In fact, what happened to Shrey Bhargava should have never taken place right from the beginning. Period. For Ben Davis' case, however, accusing Jack Neo of being another Elon Musk is unfair. Firstly, I won't be surprised if Elon Musk is the more capable guy. Secondly (and more importantly), this was a different case from the mini-sub drama where Elon Musk ended up displaying his brand of humour.

In other words, accusations of commercial opportunism should only be entertained if Ben Davis (or anyone in his family/inner circle) speaks up. Not because of what one perceives in the situation, but rather respecting Ben Davis' freedom to make his own decisions. And if he decides to rage quit a nation which gave him everything except for his dreams, it merely means we, in Emma Watson's own words, can't have it both ways.

Others may believe in more than one standard, but I'm not going to apologise for saying I don't follow the crowd. At least not for the sake of following, that is. I've tried doing that during my years of being foolish from Henderson Primary School to ITE Dover with Gan Eng Seng School wedged in between. I was betrayed by those whom I should have no reason to place my trust in. So why should I be an idiot once again? I have no problems trusting a person within the current 24 hours. Just don't force me to do so beyond the limit I set for myself and others. If I choose to do so otherwise, let it be a matter of self-volition. As for the rules of the society, I'm entitled the freedom to decide which ones to agree with and which ones not to. In Uncle Ben's own words, with great power comes great responsibility. And the freedom of choice is always that greatest power one can ever have.

An outcast and untouchable?
In Singapore, it's very easy to recognise the local brand of creativity. We always like to feel good, hence we always endorse the feel-good brand of creativity. Hence, Jack Neo's brand of creativity is always something Singaporeans are willing to accept. Because it makes us feel good. But not me. The only reason why I use "we" and "us" is because I regard myself as a Singaporean.





I'm not sorry to say that Jack Neo's brand of creativity isn't my stuff. Yes, I've got no problem appreciating the feel-good creativity every now and then. But that's not what I want to do. What I want to do is something closer to G.R.R Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, Type-Moon/Urobuchi Gen's Fate/Zero, and Miura Kentaro's Berserk. I prefer Jon Snow. I prefer Emiya Kiritsugu. Definitely, I prefer Guts. Because they're emotionally broken characters, characters whom I can connect with. Definitely, they're the kind of characters I'd want to create. As for a dark world of fantasy, I won't call it a form of escape. Rather, it is a constant reminder that it was never my fault that I have to suffer in a way no one should. It's either that or everyone in this world deserves such a fate. Ask me and I'd rather fault reality than to be cruel to everybody else.

In fact, I won't put it past not being understood by those around me. Not my family members, not my colleagues in SGH, not even my churchmates. In this sense, I don't mind being Emiya Shirou/Archer.

Update: Awkward episode ahead for the nation?

What this post is all about
I'm going to do a twelve track compilation. If A Requiem From Winter Past is made into anime/game, how would the OST be like?

DISCLAIMER!
Note that I do NOT own the vids below. Because I don't make them. Note that I do NOT own the songs below. Because I don't own the ones responsible for making them in the first place.

Note: It's no longer 11 tracks. Rather, it's a case of 11+1.



冬の鎮魂曲 OST~A Requiem From Winter Past
~Track 1~


~Track 2~


~Track 3~


~Track 4~

~Track 5~

Lyrics

~Track 6~

Lyrics

~Track 7~

Lyrics

~Track 8~


~Track 9~


~Track 10~


~Track 11~


~Track 12~


List of CV

Aeravor: 関 俊彦

Gael Kodr: 杉山 紀彰

Alestrial Eliaden: 川澄 綾子

Lars Alterfate: 新垣 樽助

Kagetsu no Ji'Yeon: 三石 琴乃

Sarel Aphros: 植田 佳奈

Ineis von Stormhearth: 喜多村 英梨

Edeaux de Serpentwine: 緑川 光

Tristan Aias: 諏訪部 順一

Arondight: 置鮎 龍太郎

Lolyx Barnes: 伊藤 美紀


Weisslynn: 伊藤 葉純

Adine Tayne: 大原 さやか

Karen Tenias: 豊口 めぐみ

Lukas Brun: 神谷 浩史

Catterm Leen: 山崎 たくみ

Ostiel: 小山 力也

Erik Sohren: 小杉 十郎太

Dessail de Morte: 速水 奨

Salandra: 渡辺 明乃

Lauranc de Hallstone: てらそま まさき

No comments:

Post a Comment